Nowadays, car hoists have become a piece of popular and must-have equipment for every workshop. And the reason for their popularity is that they are safe, easy to use, and offer a more comfortable way to repair your vehicles.
However, car hoists could be dangerous if used not correctly. Hence, it is important for you to use your car hoist with safety. Following are the tips that will help you use and maintain your workshop hoist.
1. Read Owner’s Manual: There is no arguing with the fact that different brands of car lifts will have different features, and have their own safety precautions. So it’s important for you to go through the owner’s manual provided by your auto lift manufacturer before you start using the hoist.
2. Consider Lifting Points: It is a well-known fact that every car has different lifting points. Hence, it’s become important for you to make sure where they are and you can get this with the help of an approved resource such as a reputable website before you start work.
3. Don’t go beyond your Vehicle’s Capacity: It is an obvious thing that nobody wants to exceed the maximum capacity of the vehicle’s lift and it could be dangerous. You should not take this risk at any cost.
4. Don’t Rely on a Single Lift Arm: If you are considering the maximum capacity of a car hoist, then it’s important for you to make sure that it should be divided among the arms you lift has. Always keep in mind that a single lift arm shouldn’t bear excessive weight. It is important, especially if you’re working with vehicles having uneven weight distribution.
5. Use the one having Automatic Safety Locks: Choosing the one that has automatic safety locks will help to prevent the unexpected lowering of your car lift from the raised position. Always ensure that the car hoist s you choose should have a safety feature.
6. Stay Updated With your Lift Maintenance: If you want to keep your car hoist in good condition, then you must perform maintenance and safety check more often.
7. Engage Safety Measure of your Hoist: Needless to say, a good quality car hoist comes with plenty of features, including arm-restraints, wheel clocks, etc. However, if you want to make the best use of these features, then make sure you’re engaged with them.